The duties of the Accountant/Accounting Manager include but are not limited to:
- Reports directly to Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and VP Finance
- Must work closely with operations staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Diploma in accounting or bookkeeping; CPA or enrolled in the CPA program
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience as a bookkeeper or in an accounting roll
- Must have strong understanding of accounting principles and concepts
- Experience with Sage (preferred but not required) and Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise diplomacy and discretion
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy without supervision
- Maintain organization of accounting data, books and records in Sage accounting system and prepare full cycle bookkeeping.
- Prepare the following full cycle accounting duties:
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Monthly/quarterly government reporting requirements, payments and installments (HST, Workers Compensation, EHT, etc.)
- Process bi-weekly payroll and prepare payroll reconciliations
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable/customer invoices
- Set up online vendor/bill payments in a timely manner
- General office duties such as filing, answering phone calls
- Inventory – prepare quarterly inventory reconciliation
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and quarterly reporting requirement submissions for parent company.
- Assist with:
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements.
- Preparation of all schedules for audit, auditor review and internal financial purposes.
- Other ad hoc financial reports, analysis projects, as requested by the CEO/CFO/parent company.